Howard Healthcare Academy is All About Safety
Student safety is our #1 priority!
Even before the pandemic, Howard Healthcare Academy had stringent protocols in place for cleaning and disinfecting our classrooms, but now we’ve added more.
Our regular infection control and sterilization practices have always exceeded local, state, and federal health standards. With guidance from the World Health Organization (WHO), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), Howard Healthcare Academy has taken the steps needed so our campus meets and exceeds safety protocols to keep our students and faculty safe.
What Your Next Visit to Campus Will Look Like
Innovation is one of our guiding principles, so we’ve reimagined the student experience to minimize physical interactions.
One of the best ways to keep everyone safe is to only allow healthy people on campus. To that end, you will notice a thorough screening upon your arrival. Howard Healthcare Academy has also secured appropriate PPEs (personal protective equipment) for students and faculty. We’ll require daily health screenings for our faculty (including vital information like the presence of a cough, temperature, and shortness of breath and other COVID symptoms), as well as for students entering campus. We’ll follow social distancing, provide hand sanitizer and encourage frequent hand washing, among several other measures.
Here’s a summary:
- Comprehensive screening process (for students & faculty)
- Touchless temperature checks before students enter campus.
- Everyone must wear a mask/face covering on campus.
- Plenty of hand sanitizer stations throughout the lab/classrooms.
- Frequent cleaning of frequently touched surfaces.
- Social distancing techniques, including desks at least six feet apart in our classrooms and taped distance lines in common areas to ensure social distancing, etc.
- Plexi barriers in offices where student meetings take place.
Howard Healthcare Academy has put the following procedures in place to ensure your health and safety:
- Howard Healthcare Academy will thoroughly screen every person who entering campus, communicating with students beforehand to ask screening questions about their health and any travel. Those same questions will be asked again upon arrival.
- Everyone who enters campus will be required to wear a mask/face covering.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in the reception area and throughout the campus.
- Class flow will be managed to allow for social distancing between students.
- Even with the national and international shortages of PPEs (personal protective equipment), Howard Healthcare Academy has secured N95 masks and other protective gear to keep everyone safe.
- Howard Healthcare Academy has also upgraded its HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) with new advanced filters and added professional air-cleaners and UV light technology as an additional safeguard.
- Howard Healthcare Academy already had stringent cleaning and infection control protocols in place but has added more.
Learn More about COVID and the Dental Experience
Dr. Kami Hoss, Founder and CEO of Howard Healthcare Academy, has been a sought-after expert, both locally and nationally during the COVID-19 crisis. Dr. Hoss has shared his knowledge and expertise about various topics related to the dental profession, COVID-19’s links to oral health and from a business owner’s perspective, speaking about what the dental experience looks like as we emerge from lock down. Click here for the most recent interviews and articles.