Begin Your Career in Dentistry
Our Dental Assistant Program
The Howard Healthcare Academy team looks forward to meeting you and helping you accomplish your goal to be a Dental Assistant!
Here’s how to enroll:
- Call (619)-ACADEMY (619-222-3369) to schedule an appointment with one of our Admissions Representatives.
- Bring proof of your high school diploma or GED to the appointment.
- At the appointment, you will take an entrance exam. The 12-minute scholastic level exam will test problem-solving abilities.
- If you are a high school graduate and pass our entrance exam, you will be interviewed by one of our Admissions Representatives and fill out an enrollment agreement at the appointment.
- Upon acceptance, you will choose the course schedule that works for you and pay the tuition. The appointment, including the enrollment process and time to answer your questions, will generally take 30 to 60 minutes.
Not Ready to Enroll?
If you're interested in learning more about Howard Healthcare Academy before you enroll, feel free to fill out our request info form, or reach out and schedule a campus tour. We're happy to answer any of your questions and show you around.
Registered Dental Assistant with Extended Function (RDAEF)
In order to be admitted to the RDAEF program, you are required to have
- A valid, active and current RDA license
- Completed a Board-approved pit and fissure sealant course
- CPR certification
- Tuberculosis (TB) test clearance within past year
- Hepatitis-B vaccination clearance or evidence of immunity or completed declination form
- Professionally liability and malpractice insurance
- Completed medical and dental health clearance form
- Completed eye exam prior to fitting and purchase of clinical loupes