Looking for More Responsibility and Higher Pay? Taking Our Expanded Functions Dental Assistant Course can help!
After you’ve become a Registered Dental Assistant (RDA), you may want to expand your career opportunities and increase your salary by earning your EFDA Certification as an Extended Function Dental Assistant.Howard Healthcare Academy offers a California Board-approved course to prepare you to sit for the State exam to become a licensed RDAEF.
As an RDA, you currently perform temporary procedures on patients; however, after going through one of our RDAEF programs and meeting all the RDAEF requirements, you will be able to perform permanent procedures. Additional responsibilities of an RDAEF include:
- Packing cord
- Taking final impressions
- Placing, contour finishing, and adjusting permanent fillings
- Cementing permanent crowns
- Sizing, fitting, and cementing endodontic master points and accessory points after a root canal
- Along with all of these added responsibilities, having your RDAEF generally means your pay will go up because you’re able to perform more procedures to assist the dentists
About the Dental Assistant EFDA Program (Expanded Duty Dental Assistant)
The San Diego Howard Academy EFDA training program is a 410-hour course held on Saturdays and Sundays or Tuesdays and Thursdays. The goal is for our Expanded Function Dental Assistant classes to not interfere with your RDA work schedule. While you’re fully employed, you can spend either your weekends for just six months or two nights a week for eleven months putting yourself in a position to become an RDAEF and excel in the dental field.
To Qualify for the EFDA Program:
In order to be admitted to the EFDA program, you are required to have
- A valid, active, and current RDA license.
- Completed a Board-approved pit and fissure sealant course.
- CPR certification.
- Hepatitis-B vaccination clearance or evidence of immunity or completed declination form.
- Professionally liability and malpractice insurance.
Earn your EFDA Certification (Expanded Functions Dental Assistant) at Howard Academy
Howard Academy welcomes new and former students to earn their RDAEF by attending our outstanding RDAEF program. Talk to one of our Howard Academy Admissions Representatives to get answers to all of your questions and sign up for our registered dental assistant in extended functions course. Call (619) ACADEMY (619-222-3369) or email email@example.com.