An orthodontic assistant serves as a key contributor in an orthodontics practice and assists patients who require braces, mouthguards, retainers and other dental appliances. Howard Healthcare Academy offers an Orthodontic Assistant Permit (OAP) course that teaches you what it takes to provide vital support in the orthodontic specialty.
What are the benefits of becoming an Orthodontic Assistant Permit holder?
Orthodontic Assistant Permit training at Howard Healthcare Academy ensures you will learn how to perform the everyday duties of an OAP, including:
- Day-to-day tasks of an orthodontic dental assistant
- Use of an ultrasonic scaler to eliminate excess cement from supragingival surfaces of teeth undergoing orthodontic treatment
- Proper removal of orthodontic bands, brackets and attachments
- Sizing, fitting and cementing of orthodontic bands
- Placement and entrapment of archwires
- Preparation of teeth for bonding after their position has been approved by a supervising dentist
In addition, orthodontic assistants possess greater responsibility working with braces and orthodontics than traditional dental assistants. As a result, orthodontic assistants frequently earn higher annual salaries and enjoy better job prospects than most dental assistants.
What does Howard Academy Orthodontic Assistant Permit course offer?
The Howard Healthcare Academy OAP class teaches students about:
- Dental Assisting
Our Orthodontic Assistant Permit course ensures students can practice on typodonts and live patients under direct supervision. This hands-on experience helps you become more comfortable performing orthodontic assistant duties and confident building your orthodontic assistant skill set.
Students must complete the Howard Healthcare Academy Orthodontic Assistant Permit class at our San Diego campus in Kearny Mesa. Upon successful completion of the OAP course, you’ll be eligible to sit for the Orthodontic Assistant Permit State exam.
Why enroll in the Howard Academy Orthodontic Assistant Permit class?
The Howard Healthcare Academy Orthodontic Assistant Permit course empowers dental assistants (DAs) and registered dental assistants (RDAs) to achieve their career goal of becoming an OAP. Benefits of the Howard Healthcare Academy OAP course, include:
- Experienced Instructors — Our instructors possess real-world experience and will share their expertise and insights with you to ensure you can perform the duties of an orthodontic assistant consistently.
- Unsurpassed Training — We offer both classroom and hands-on lessons to prepare you for a broad array of orthodontic assistant scenarios.
- Flexible Schedules — We offer a variety of class times so you can enroll in an Orthodontic Assistant Permit class that fits your schedule.
Take the Howard Healthcare Academy Orthodontic Assistant Permit class to be better equipped to aid orthodontic patients. To find out if you qualify for our Orthodontic Assistant Permit class, contact one of our Admissions Representatives by calling (619) ACADEMY (619-222-3369) or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.