What is the 8-Hour Infection Control certification course?
The Dental Board of California requires unlicensed dental professionals in the State of California to complete an Infection Control certification course. The Howard Healthcare Academy Infection Control for dental assistants training course provides certification in infection controls in the dental field. The class allows you to understand the importance of infection control in a dental office and provides you with certification that makes you eligible to work in a dental office.
What will you learn in our Infection Control for dental assistant’s class?
This course introduces infection and biohazard control procedures necessary for the safe practice of dentistry. Topics include microbiology, chemical disinfectants, infectious diseases, OSHA standards and applicable State laws. Students practice aseptic techniques and universal precautions, and will process and sterilize instruments.
Our 8-Hour Infection Control certification class covers a variety of infection control topics, and overall student learning outcomes are to:
- Identify different types of microorganisms and the methods of disease transmission in a dental office
- Explain and perform disinfection and sterilization techniques using the seven steps in processing
- Identify the regulatory and advisory agencies
- Explain OSHA standards and universal precautions
- Identify common methods of personal protection against chemical exposure
- List the factors in bacterial contamination of dental unit water
Upon successful completion of our 8-Hour Infection Control class, you will receive a certification that will remain valid for five years from date of completion.
Can the 8-Hour Infection Control certification class be taken online?
The 8-Hour Infection Control class requires eight hours to complete. It consists of a four-hour lecture which is completed online and a four-hour lab session must be completed on campus at our Kearny Mesa campus location in San Diego.
Why enroll in the Howard Healthcare Academy 8-Hour Infection Control class?
Our 8-Hour Infection Control class stands out for many reasons, including:
- Unparalleled Training — We offer a learning environment that combines hands-on lessons and classroom training, ensuring you can understand the ins and outs of infection control in a dental office.
- Immense Flexibility — We offer a flexible class schedule for your convenience, enabling you to participate in a course that ensures you won’t need to reshuffle your day-to-day activities.
- Professional Staff — We employ experienced dental professionals as instructors, allowing you to receive expert assistance at all times.
- High-End Technology — Our class provides immediate access to the latest dental technologies, making it easier for you to gain real-world experience.
Find out more about our 8-Hour Infection Control course by calling (619) ACADEMY (619-222-3369), or emailing email@example.com.
The Howard Healthcare Academy is your best option for gaining additional dental assistance certifications, and a wide range of standalone programs to complete your dental professional profile.
Complete your 8-Hour Infection Control certification at Howard Healthcare Academy.